The Past
More than a decade ago my best friend asked me what I wanted for my birthday. This was during the days of my crafting and decorating my friends' weddings. Ah...the single life...
So, I asked my friend to get me a soap making book.
Really?
Oh yeah.
Question is, did I read it? I did. Did I make soap out of it? Nope...
The Present
I didn't really think much of it again until the end of June this year when my colleague at work invited me over at her place to make soap.
Really? Can I bring my daughter with me and we could learn from you together? Is that ok?
Oh yeah.
This experience reminded me of the fun days of sitting with friends and just making something beautiful and memorable. Bonding while creating was something I had forgotten to do to feed MY CRAFTY SOUL. I have forgotten this side of me as I prioritized the many hats I wear in life. Let's just say, this soap making "party" got my juices going.
I am a hand-on type of person and I like seeing how things are made, as supposed to reading about it. My colleague's gift to me is the inspiration of making some wholesome, hand-made, custom-made, and just plain good for my body, mind and skin.
The Future
It's been a month after the day I picked up the curing soaps and I inhaled deeply the sandalwood scent we collectively decided to put in. Admired the natural colour with swirls of purple weaved throughout.
The verdict?
I want to make more!
Oh yeah.
So far I am slowly making purchases to build and collect my first set-up. Looking and perusing over sales and websites, making notes and reading soap-making books from the library. I feel like I am a teenager again who dream, sketch and plan my myriads of ideas.
I just can't wait for more.
Oh yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment